DISCOVER MORE THAN A JOB
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community.
Enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Child Care Director
Cape Cod is the ideal New England getaway for rest & relaxation. There are 559 miles of coastline for you to retreat when not at work! Enjoy the rich history, art, culture and recreation. The Cape is a naturalists dream to explore wooded hills, cranberry bogs and sand dunes to thousands of ponds and miles of ocean and wildlife. 15 distinct towns are unique and home to quaint village centers, shops, galleries, resorts and B&B’s. The Cape has a mild year round climate with world class beaches, challenging golf courses, fresh seafood and within a short drive to Providence and Boston for city escapes!
The YMCA Cape Cod is seeking a motivated, team-oriented professional to provide leadership and direct supervision to our Child Care and School Age program activities at our West Barnstable location. Under the direction of the Senior Program Director of Child Care, the Child Care Director develops, organizes and implements high quality YMCA child care and school age child care programs.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Guidance, Human Services, Nursing, Psychology, Physical Education, Recreation, Child Psychology, the Arts, Social Work, Sociology, or Child Care
- Meet Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) requirements as a Director II and Large Group School Age Program Administrator.
- Two years related experience preferred as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
- Two years demonstrated experience in budget management, staff supervision, and training and program development.
- Manages, directs and coordinates the infant, toddler, and preschool and school age programs for assigned location. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Provides required 100% FTE non-teaching administrative time and must be on the premises at least 50% of the time that the school age portion of the program is in operation.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and supervises staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Conducts monthly staff meetings and training opportunities as required. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures staff certifications are current. Facilitates communication and provides leadership.
- Develops, manages and controls department budgets. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment.
- Supervises, develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs.
- Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Responsible for building positive relationships with parents through regular communications. Produce and distribute monthly communication to parents. Maintain regular communications with all parents as appropriate.
- Responsible for managing program food and supplies.
- Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Organizes special events for parents.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Prepares or supervises compilation of program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Certifications: CPR and First Aid certifications
Salary: $40,121 – $50,151
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Christine Ezersky.
Apply By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepting Resumes Until: 1/5/18
Sunday & Evenings Tuesday-Thursday; Part-time Position
Provide general housekeeping, grounds maintenance and landscaping as assigned. Responsible for helping to maintain the overall cleanliness of the facility.
Qualifications: Minimum age of 18 and High School/GED required. Minimum of six months related custodial experience in facility-based environment. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents and working knowledge or experience in cleaning methods and equipment, including understanding of cleaning compounds, chemicals, and their safe and efficient use. Good human relation, organizational and communications skills.
Assistant Group Leaders – School Age Child Care
Part-time positions available (2-5 days/week)
YMCA Cape Cod is looking for dynamic, confident, self-motivated, creative and caring individuals with experience in a school age setting to work with children in grades K-6 for the academic school year. Responsibilities include implementing our curriculum and assisting and supporting children with homework, creating and implementing art, cooking, science and other enrichment activities while guiding and supporting the children in their development of interpersonal skills in a fun, respectful and safe environment.
Positions Available at:
6:45am-8:30am M-F and/or
7:00-9:00am M-F and/or
North Falmouth Elementary
6:45-9:00am M-F and/or
East Falmouth Elementary
6:45am-9:00am M-F and/or
Mullen Hall Elementary
6:45-9:00am M-F and/or
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Infant/Toddler & Preschool Teachers
Brewster, North Famouth & West Barnstable locations
Full-Time, Part-time & Substitute Positions
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the classroom. Develop, plan and implement curriculum with specific attention given to age-appropriate activities and developmental learning. Provide a warm, nurturing environment where all children can grow physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. Interact, initiate, and encourage children to engage in daily activities.
Qualifications: Must meet Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) requirements for Teacher: Must be 21 years of age or have a high school diploma or equivalent and meet one of the following sets of requirements: 1) have successfully completed three credits in category Child Growth and Development and have nine months of work experience or one practicum, or 2) have a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, or 3) have graduated from a two-year high school vocational program in early childhood education, approved by the Department for both the education and experience requirements and have been evaluated and recommended by the program instructor. The following education may substitute for a portion of the required work experience: 1) an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or a related field of study may substitute for six months of the required experience, or 2) a Bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field of study may substitute for three months of the required experience, or 3) For infant-toddler teachers, one continuing education unit (ten hours of instruction) in category Infant and Toddler Development, Care and Program Planning may substitute for three months of work experience. To be qualified as a preschool teacher, three months of the required work experience must be in caregiving to preschool age children. To be qualified as an infant/toddler teacher, three months of required work experience must be in caregiving to infants/toddlers. Certifications: CPR and Basic First Aid. Strong human relation, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Full-Time & Part-Time Positions
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Qualifications: Must be 16 years of age and possess current certifications YMCA Lifeguarding or American Red Cross lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and Basic First Aid. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and metal readiness.
Program Instructor-Child Watch
Provide direct supervision and a quality experience to children in Child Watch area. Interact and engage with participants in a friendly and professional manner. Organize, set up, and put away equipment as required and arrange facility program delivery area.
Must be 16 years of age and have excellent human relation skills, good organizational and communication skills. Previous experience in childcare or babysitting required. Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Provides direct swim lessons to increase skill and safety in and around water. Provides direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swim classes.
Qualifications: Must be 16 years of age and possess current certifications CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and Basic First Aid.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume or completed employment application or Employment Application Summer Camp to: Christine Ezersky Human Resources 2245 Iyannough Road W Barnstable, MA 02668 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provides excellent service through guidance, support, and motivation to all members, guests, and program participants and maintains cleanliness and organization of the Wellness Center.
Minimum age of 18. Certifications: CPR, Basic First Aid and AED within 60 days of employment. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles within one year of employment. At least 6 months of exercise experience in teaching, coaching, or instructing. Attend Listen First and Understanding Health Seekers training within 120 days of employment. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community. Excellent human relation and communication skills. Physical Demands: Ability to conduct activities relating to personal wellness; ability to lift 50 pound equipment; ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, lifting, sitting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.