DISCOVER MORE THAN A JOB
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community.
Enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Full-Time & Part-time Positions: Evenings & Weekends
Provide general housekeeping, grounds maintenance and landscaping as assigned. Responsible for helping to maintain the overall cleanliness of the facility.
Minimum age of 18 and High School/GED required. Minimum of six months related custodial experience in facility-based environment. Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals and other documents and working knowledge or experience in cleaning methods and equipment, including understanding of cleaning compounds, chemicals, and their safe and efficient use. Good human relation, organizational and communications skills.
Food Service Coordinator
Part-time Position/15 hours week & Full-Time during summer
Responsible for coordinating and managing the general operations of food services.
Must be 21 years of age. High school diploma/GED required with some college preferred. Prior food service management experience and Serve Safe Certification. Previous supervisory experience preferred. CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications required within 60 days of hire. Good human relation, excellent organizational and communication skills. Previous experience working with diverse populations.
Assist the Coordinator in delivering the After School Program and vacation programs following age-appropriate curriculum.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a Bachelor’s Degree or an Associate’s Degree and have three months of experience working with school age children, or (2) have a high school diploma or equivalent and have six months of experience working with school age children including three months of supervised experience at a school age child care program, or (3) have nine months of experience with school age children including three months of supervised experience in a school age child care program. Excellent human relation, organization and communication skills.
Infant/Toddler & Preschool Teachers
Brewster, North Falmouth & West Barnstable locations
Full-Time, Part-time & Substitute Positions
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the classroom. Develop, plan and implement curriculum with specific attention given to age-appropriate activities and developmental learning. Provide a warm, nurturing environment where all children can grow physically, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. Interact, initiate, and encourage children to engage in daily activities.
Qualifications: Must be 21 years of age and meet Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) requirements for an Infant/Toddler Teacher or Preschool Teacher. CPR and Basic First Aid certifications required. Possess strong human relation, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
Part-Time – Multiple Shifts Available
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
Must be 16 years of age and possess current certifications YMCA Lifeguarding or American Red Cross lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and Basic First Aid. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and metal readiness.
Senior Program Director-Membership & Healthy Living
Cape Cod is the ideal New England getaway for rest & relaxation. There are 559 miles of coastline for you to retreat when not at work! Enjoy the rich history, art, culture and recreation. The Cape is a naturalists dream to explore wooded hills, cranberry bogs and sand dunes to thousands of ponds and miles of ocean and wildlife. 15 distinct towns are unique and home to quaint village centers, shops, galleries, resorts and B&B’s. The Cape has a mild year round climate with world class beaches, challenging golf courses, fresh seafood and within a short drive to Providence and Boston for city escapes!
The YMCA Cape Cod is seeking a team oriented leader to oversee the development and operations of membership and healthy living programs. This position directs all aspects of membership including recruitment of new members and retention of existing members, oversees implementation of high quality programs in all healthy living areas including chronic disease prevention and management, and develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social services, recreation, business or equivalent.
- Four or more years of program management or four or more years related experience in membership, sales and retention, preferably in a YMCA or other not-for-profit agency.
- Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
- Develops, implements, and manages operating plans to promote program and membership growth for the YMCA. Executes strategies to ensure that members and program participants connect with one another and connect with the YMCA.
- Ensures high quality programs through innovative program development, staff development, and member engagement. Supervises and establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Ensures that program standards are met and safety and risk management procedures are followed. Coordinates programmatic special events and activities.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules, and supervises staff and volunteers. Reviews and evaluates performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures staff certifications are current while maintaining accurate records. Facilitates communication and provides leadership.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures and ongoing communications to membership desk staff regarding software and transaction updates. Provides data and reports as required. Analyzes, creates, and implements sales, service, and retention strategies. Coordinates with the finance office on financial transactions.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Directs and leads marketing efforts to maximize enrollments, including program guide and post card marketing information, newsletter communications, and social media as well as important department event information. Provides ongoing support to YMCA team on related issues.
- Responsible for developing, managing, and controlling department budgets. Responsible for collections of membership and program fees. Assists with grant development and related expenditure tracking and reporting.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Ensures cleaning and maintenance of all departmental equipment is completed in a timely manner
- Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committee(s) as assigned.
YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred. CPR, Basic First Aid, and AED within 60 days of employment. Listen First and Embrace Others training within 120 days of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Christine Ezersky, Human Resources, 2245 Iyannough Road W Barnstable, MA 02668 or by email to email@example.com.
Resumes accepted through 3/26/17
Part-Time – Multiple shifts available
Provides direct swim lessons to increase skill and safety in and around water. Provides direct leadership, instruction, and motivation for students in swim classes.
Must be 16 years of age and possess current certifications CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, and Basic First Aid.