The Y brings families closer together, encourages good health and fosters connections through fitness, sports, fun and shared interests.
Click here to download the Volunteer Application
We are seeking Volunteer Coordinator:
Volunteer your time and talent to support volunteerism at the YMCA Cape Cod. Coordinate volunteer recruitment and placement, orientation, tracking and recognition programs.
Across Cape Cod, business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, YMCA Cape Cod volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Youth Development Volunteer Positions:
- Child Care & Afterschool Program Assistant – Are you looking to empower youth and help them grow into healthy, young adults? Volunteer and show them how easy it is to have fun and be responsible at the same time.
- Coaches & Program Assistants – Coaches and program assistants help to instill the character values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility in our youth members as we teach new skills and how to work together as a team.
- Family Special Events – Volunteers for Family Special Events help greet families, assist with set up, run games, demonstrate and help with crafts, and a variety of fun things! Have fun while creating special memories for community families.
- Swim Lesson Teacher Aides – Do you love the water and working with children? Experience the joy of watching a child learn to swim, volunteer with one of our instructors as a Swim Instructor Aide.
- Adaptive Youth Swim Aides– Attention: Retirees, grandparents, stay-at-home Moms or Dads, or interested adults available 2 hours on Thursday mornings throughout the school year. Please join us in one of our two pools from 9:30 to 11:30 every Thursday from October through May, when public schools are in session.
Healthy Living Volunteer Positions:
- Child Watch – Work with children ages 3 months – 9 years. Color pictures, read stories, sing songs, and play games while making a difference for families.
- Clerical – Are you organized, efficient and enjoy filing and other administrative tasks? Help keep the Y membership office running smoothly and volunteer as a clerical assistant.
- Greeter – Are you friendly, outgoing and willing to greet members with a warm smile as they enter and leave the facility? A Member Service Greeter is the position for you!
- Group Exercise Instructor – Share your passion for group fitness with other members as you lead quality group exercise classes.
- Membership Associate – Do you enjoy computer work and customer service? Check members into the facility, assist with computer registration and customer service when you volunteer as a Membership Associate.
- Member Service Advocate – Stay in touch with health seekers and help them stay on track at the Y. Be a positive voice for new programs. Help members to feel important and welcome at the Y.
- Summer Food Service – Want to help feed hungry children this summer? Come work in our kitchen and help prepare nutritious meals for our children at our summer food service sites.
- Wellness Coach – Help create positive member relationships in the Health and Wellness Center while building a safe and inviting environment for all.
Social Responsibility Volunteer Positions:
- Annual Support Campaigner – Your time and talent will help us to tell our story and build the treasure needed to ensure the Y is accessible to all. Our campaign provides the financial assistance for the people that need us most.
- Build Week Volunteer – Engineers, builders, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, arborists, and any other type building maintenance expert, we need your help for this year’s project as we continue to upgrade and repair YMCA Camp Lyndon. 4/22-4/26.
- Committee Volunteer – Are you a person who likes to contribute to the planning, growth, and success of an organization? We need you to join one of the Y’s many committees.
- Giving Garden Helper – Our giving gardens in Sandwich and West Barnstable grow fresh fruit and vegetables to support our summer programs to feed hungry children on Cape Cod. Help plant seeds of hope and share our harvest with hungry neighbors.
- Golf Tournament Volunteer – This significant fundraising event helps provide financial assistance to Cape Cod families in need of Y services. You don’t need to play to be involved. Help with event set up and day of event activities.
- Impact Story Collector – Help us reach out to our members and collect their stories of how the Y positively affects lives and creates real and lasting change. Get inspired!
- Maintenance – Do you have the ability to fix different things? Do you like to get your hands dirty? With so many members there is always something to put back together.
- Reading Buddy – Help fight summer learning loss. Be a reading buddy to one of our Home Delivered Meals children.
- Y Teen Achiever – Inspiring and positively impacting teens, the leaders of tomorrow through skills development workshops, college/other professional job preparation, sharing life lessons and more. Be a role model – join our Y Achievers Team. Learn more.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume or completed volunteer application to:
Christine Ezersky, Human Resources
2245 Iyannough Road
W Barnstable, MA 02668
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees
- Raise funds for the Annual Fund & Capital Campaign to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills, and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your communities. If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out a volunteer application and we will get in contact with you about opportunities at your branch of interest.