Child Care at the Y
Start your child off right!
Children are like sponges – they watch and absorb knowledge, skills and values from everything and everyone around them.
We believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That’s why our child care programs are staffed with teachers who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids, the need children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things, and the caring and reinforcement parents and families need to help each other.
Come to one of our Child Care Open Houses! We’re holding open houses on three dates this summer. Stop by one of our locations – Stony Brook in Brewster, Lorusso in Sandwich or Children’s Crossing in West Barnstable – talk to the teachers and learn why families return to us again and again!
OPEN HOUSE DATES:
- September 10, 2014: Stony Brook and Lorusso
- September 29, 2014: Stony Brook, Lorusso and Children’s Crossing
Message from the Director
The Y continues to strengthen community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. As we enter the fall of 2014, we are proud to serve you and your family in all of these areas of focus.
- In Youth Development, we aim to nurture the potential of your children: We appreciate the opportunity to provide this nurturing through various youth programs found in this session guide. There are so many to pick from, so ask us if we can help you find the right one to spark your child’s curiosity.
- In Healthy Living, we aim to improve the health & well-being of our Cape community: This fall we launch an incredibly special program for those recovering from cancer. Our collaborating partners at Cape Cod Health Care will be supporting each one of these special individuals as they move through this challenge in their life.
- In Social Responsibility, we strive to give back and provide support to our neighbors: Did you know there are 20 different volunteer jobs at our Y? If you don’t see something that tickles your interest but you have a skill or talent you would like to share with others, let our Volunteer Coordinator know!