Confident Youth, Build Stronger Communities
Without our community, the Achievers Program would not be possible. In partnerships with local high schools, sponsors, and other youth organizations in the community, this program will connect the youth and families to resources they need to help prepare for life after high school and beyond! Please visit our volunteer section for application and more details in becoming an Adult Achiever.
Helping Youth Realize Their Potential
Our Mission is to help teens discover and pursue higher educational and career goals by equipping them with the skills and community role models they need to get there.
How Will They Achieve This? Our vision is for every high school youth to have access to college and other career readiness resources through committed leaders and dedicated organizations in the community.
Through This Program, teens will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about diverse career options and cultures
- Be guided by positive community role models
- Develop confidence and college readiness
- Prepare for college life or a sustainable career
- Earn scholarships and summer internships
- Network and bond with peers
Achievers will meet once a week, one Saturday a month in addition to special events and learning opportunities throughout the year. Students will be guided by staff and professionals in fields they are interested in through “Career Clusters.”
Throughout the Year, Achievers participants will be guided, mentored, and challenged through:
- Academic Enrichment
- Developing Life Skills & Positive Identity
- World of Work Workshops & Mentors
- College Preparation & SAT/ACT Preparation
- College Fairs & Spring College Tours
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment
Check out what the Achievers are doing this month!
View pictures in our gallery.
May 18th, 2017 – Recognizing our Achievers Benefit
Join us for as we celebrate the accomplishments of our Achievers. It is our hope that the Achievers program has empowered teens to believe in themselves and the possibilities of of their successful future! Register below.
Teen Achievers College Tour Week – April Vacation 2016
Day 1– Umass Dartmouth, Brown University, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence College
This first day would not have been possible without a team effort both those on the trip and those who played a role enabling the trip – “Thank You!”.
A special thank you to the Day One Adult Achievers Team: Mark, Tom, Molly and Frank one of our special First Student Bus Drivers! View photos
Day 2- Life Skills Session – Organization and Time Management – Part I
MaryAnn Murphy – Organization Specialist
- FOCUS: How to plan for traveling with a large group
- Planned Start Time: 11:00 AM at HYCC
- Planned End Time: 1:00 PM
- Lunch included
- Note: Part II is Organization Skills for Optimal Learning & Time Management
Day 3– Off to New York
- Formal College Tour – Fordham University
Informal College Tours:
Columbia University, NYU, New School, FIT
- Life Skills Session : Etiquette of Formal Dining
- Formal College Day at Springfield College
- World of Work Tour – Bombardier*
- Formal College Tour at Bridgewater State