Confident Youth, Build Stronger Communities
Without our community, the Achievers Program would not be possible. In partnerships with local high schools, sponsors, and other youth organizations in the community, this program will connect the youth and families to resources they need to help prepare for life after high school and beyond! Please visit our volunteer section for application and more details in becoming an Adult Achiever.
Helping Youth Realize Their Potential
Our Mission is to help teens discover and pursue higher educational and career goals by equipping them with the skills and community role models they need to get there.
How Will They Achieve This? Our vision is for every high school youth to have access to college and other career readiness resources through committed leaders and dedicated organizations in the community.
Through This Program, teens will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about diverse career options and cultures
- Be guided by positive community role models
- Develop confidence and college readiness
- Prepare for college life or a sustainable career
- Earn scholarships and summer internships
- Network and bond with peers
Achievers will meet once a week, one Saturday a month in addition to special events and learning opportunities throughout the year. Students will be guided by staff and professionals in fields they are interested in through “Career Clusters.”
Throughout the Year, Achievers participants will be guided, mentored, and challenged through:
- Academic Enrichment
- Developing Life Skills & Positive Identity
- World of Work Workshops & Mentors
- College Preparation & SAT/ACT Preparation
- College Fairs & Spring College Tours
- Financial Aid Workshops
- Cultural Enrichment