YMCA Cape Cod Announces Re-opening of Early Education Care (child care) and Summer Camps
West Barnstable — Based upon the Massachusetts Baker-Polito health and safety guidelines and phased re-opening plans, YMCA Cape Cod is re-opening all but one of its Early Education Care locations as well as its Summer Camps according to the location and date schedule below. (Re-opening guidelines): https://eeclead.force.com/apex/EEC_ChildCareEmergencyHealthGuidance)
Early Education Care Locations re-opening June 29th:
- Lyndon P. Lorusso YMCA Early Education Center, West Barnstable.
- Falmouth Hospital Campus Early Education Center, Falmouth
- North Falmouth Congregational Church Early Education Center, North Falmouth
- Harwich Elementary School Early Education Center, Harwich
- Stony Brook Elementary School Early Education Center, Brewster
- YMCA Camp Lyndon in Sandwich, opened June 22
- YMCA Camp West Barnstable, opening Monday, June 29
- YMCA Camp Harwich, opening Monday, June 29
- YMCA Camp Falmouth, opening Wednesday, July 1.
Details regarding Covid-19 safety protocols, hours, fees, registration, etc. can be found on our website main landing page.
Sidebar: Emergency Child Care ends June 28th
YMCA Cape Cod has been a designated emergency childcare provider since March, serving children of front-line health care and essential workers. That program, partially subsidized by the State and offered as a free service, ends Sunday, June 28th. Stacie Peugh, Y CEO comments:
“It has been our honor to serve those families needing Emergency Child Care over the last three months. We have poured our hearts and souls into supporting the care (and feeding) of the Cape’s essential workers’ children. Our staff joined front line health care workers on their own front line taking the risks necessary to stand strong for our community during this pandemic. We hope many of the families we served found a new home at the YMCA Cape Cod. We invite those families to stay with us in this next chapter of re-opening. I am grateful for and proud of the YMCA Cape Cod staff who make this possible as we re-open “new normal” childcare services on Cape Cod starting Monday, June 29th.”