COVID-19 Phase 1 Healthy Living Programs Reopening Guidelines
What: Outdoor Group Exercise Classes
Where: YMCA Cape Cod basketball court (YMCA facility closed)
When: Starting the week of Monday, June 8th
On-line Registration Only Required (Sorry, no walk-ins or on-site registration):
- Schedules and classes post online on Fridays for the upcoming week. Schedules are Sunday through Saturday. Visit YMCA Cape Cod website registration link: https://ops1.operations.daxko.com/Online/3176/ProgramsV2/Home.mvc
- Login In
- Select class
- Read and complete the class waiver
- Click Register
*Max registration 9 participants and 1 instructor (group size max is 10). Max wait list is 3.
- Facemasks are required while entering and exiting the basketball court and in emergency entrance to the Y building. Facemasks are not required during class participation if social distancing is maintained.
- Instructors will take attendance and manage wait lists.
- The basketball court is marked out in 10-foot sections. Members stay at least 6 feet apart by staying within their designated 10-foot zone.
- Please exit the exercise area immediately after class ends to eliminate social gatherings.
- Hand-sanitizer will be available near the exercise area.
- Restrooms will only be available for emergency use.
- Participants will bring their own water/beverage.
- We strongly encourage handwashing with soap and water as soon as possible after class.
- If it is raining, classes will be canceled.
- If it starts raining or active thunder and/or lightening during a class, the class will be canceled immediately, and members are asked to shelter in their vehicles.
- Yoga/stretching mats must be provided by the participant.
- Staff will disinfect equipment between classes.
YMCA Cape Cod FAQ’s
Q: Do I need to wear a facemask while exercising?|
A: Per Massachusetts regulations masks are required while individuals are unable to keep a social distance of at least 6 feet apart. We ask that all members and staff wear a face covering while entering and exiting the exercise area. Masks may be removed during exercising, if members are able to keep at least 6 feet apart.
Q: What do I need to bring to class?
A: Water/Beverage, yoga mat for ground/floor exercise/stretching, facemask & your smile!
Q: How do I restart my membership?
A: Manage your account online here: https://ops1.operations.daxko.com/Online/login.aspx?returnUrl=%2fOnline%2f3176%2fProgramsV2%2fHome.mvc&id=6405a6d2-c7af-4b96-86a0-37503d00910d.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Q: I am visiting from another YMCA. May I participate in the class?
A: Unfortunately, only YMCA Cape Cod members will be permitted during Phase 1.
Q: I would like a friend of mine to attend the class. May I bring a guest?
A: Unfortunately, we are unable to welcome guests during Phase 1. If you have a friend interested in participating in a class, signing up for a new membership online on the YMCA website is easy!
Q: Does this mean that you will no longer have virtual group exercise classes?
A: We will continue to offer virtual group exercise classes as a part of our member benefits during Phase 1 and 2.
Q: What training is the YMCA providing staff about operating programs during COVID-19?
A: The YMCA Cape Cod will train all staff in federal, state, and local requirements sign and post our attestation to compliance with these protocols. Please visit our website ymcacapecod.org to view our attestation.
For additional questions not answered here, please e-mail Steve Telesmanick, COO @ email@example.com